Patient Experience Team

As an Integrated Care System, we put our local people and communities at the centre of everything we do. Your views and experiences are important to us, and if you have questions, feedback, compliments, concerns or complaints about local NHS funded services, we want to hear from you.Our Patient Experience Team is here to help you with positive and negative feedback, queries, and complaints on NHS services in our local area. The team can help you by:

  • Giving you confidential help and advice about health services
  • Give guidance on complaint procedures for different health and care organisations within the ICB
  • Let you know about local health services and signpost to support groups

Please be aware that the Patient Experience Team is not a clinical team and cannot offer medical advice. If you have specific queries about your own health, please use the NHS website or the NHS app, contact your GP practice or local pharmacy, or call 111 or visit online for free advice 24/7.

From the 1 July 2023 members of the public with questions, feedback, compliments, concerns or complaints about dentists, opticians or pharmacy services to the commissioner changed. Rather than contacting NHS England, complaints should be made to directly to NHS Cambridgeshire & Peterborough.

Complaints procedure

If you have a complaint about the NHS funded care you have received in Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, the best place to direct your complaint in the first instance is to the organisation that provided care to you. This may be a pharmacy, GP practice, dentist, optician, pharmacy service, hospital trust or other organisation.

If you are not sure where to direct your complaint, our Patient Experience Team will be able to advise. The NHS Cambridgeshire & Peterborough complaints policy is currently being updated, if you require a copy please contanct the Patient Experience Team.

You can find our Policy for the Management of Enquiries & Complaints here.

Complaints about Local Authority-run care services

If you wish to file a complaint about adult social care or children’s services, you should do this with Cambridgeshire County Council. You can find information about the County Council’s complaints procedure, including those for adult social care and children’s services, here.

Patient Experience contacts at other NHS organisations

All NHS Trusts in our area have their own teams who handle patient enquiries. Most commonly these teams are referred to as Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) teams. Please find the details of local PALS teams below.

Contact Details

You can contact the Patient Experience Team for free via 0800 279 2535, or by emailing The team works Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays. If you call our freephone number and receive our answerphone message, please leave your name and telephone number so the team can return your call.

Cambridgeshire Community Services NHS Trust (CCS)


Telephone 0300 131 1000

Or write to: Patient Advice and Liaison service, FREEPOST: RTGA-CTLG-SCKH

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust (CPFT)


Telephone 01223 219444

Or write to: PALS and Complaints Department, Elizabeth House, Fulbourn Hospital, Fulbourn, Cambridge, CB21 5EF

Royal Papworth Hospital NHS Foundation Trust


Telephone: 01223 638896 or 01223 63896

Or write to: Complaints team, Papworth Road, Cambridge Biomedical Campus, Cambridge, CB2 0AY

Hinchingbrooke Hospital


Telephone 01480 428964

Or write to: Complaints Dept 403, Peterborough City Hospital, Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Peterborough, PE3 9GZ


Addenbrooke's Hospital


Telephone 01223 216756

Or write to: PALS and Complaints Department, Box 53, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QQ

Peterborough City Hospital and Stamford & Rutland Hospital


Telephone 01733 673405

Or write to: Complaints Dept 403, Peterborough City Hospital, Edith Cavell Campus, Bretton Gate, Peterborough, PE3 9GZ


The Queen Elizabeth Hospital King's Lynn NHS Foundation Trust


Telephone: 01553 613351 or 01553 613343

Or write to: Complaints team, Gayton Road, King's Lynn, PE30 4ET