Important note:

  • The NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care Board (ICB) only holds specific records relating to the services it provides or procures.
  • If you wish to access information or records regarding your treatment please direct your request to the hospital or your GP Practice as the ICB does not hold these records. There are some contact details for the local hospitals at the bottom of the page.
  • The Integrated Care System is a term used for the local NHS region and is not an organisation and thefore does not holds records or information, as above please direct your request to the correct organisation that holds your records or information.

Access to Records

Subject Access Requests and Access to deceased records or information

The UK GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 gives living individuals the right to request access to personal records held about them by organisations.  Requests for deceased records can be made according to the Access to Health Records Act 1990 which have specific requirements and only the relevant information will be provided.

How to request information held by the NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough Integrated Care Board (ICB)

If you wish to make a Request, you can do so by writing to the Information Governance Manager at either the postal or email address below:

Information Governance Manager
NHS Cambridgeshire and Peterborough ICB
Gemini House
Bartholomew's Walk
Cambridgeshire Business Park
Angel Drove
Ely CB7 4EA

Alternatively, you can contact the Information Governance Team, via the main switchboard on 03 300 571 025 

When making your request, please include the following details:

  • your name, address, and postcode
  • any relevant case reference numbers
  • the type of information or documents you want to look at including any relevant dates
  • any preferences you have for the way you would like us to send the information to you (for example, hard copy, large print or by email)

Who can make a Subject Access Request?

Any individual can make a Subject Access Request (SAR). An individual may also nominate a representative (such as a solicitor, relative or just someone they trust) to apply on their behalf. In this case, there must be a valid consent signed by the individual who authorises the release of information to the representative.

Will I be charged for access to the records?

In most cases we will not charge a fee to comply with a subject access request.

We will charge a reasonable fee if an individual requests further copies of their information following a request, where that same information has been provided . The fee will only be based on the administrative costs of providing further copies.

Exceptions to responding to a request for information.

There are occasions and reasons where an organisation does not need to respond to a subject access request, these are called exceptions.

Such exceptions include instances where a request is manifestly unfounded or manifestly excessive. We will also not routinely provide information that has been released under a previous subject access request, where we do this will incur a fee. 

Due to the nature of the information the organisation holds we would envisage the period between requests for release be a minimum of three months. Where repeat requests are made more frequently than three months apart, we may consider these excessive.

When can I expect to receive a response?

We will endeavour to acknowledge your request within two days of receipt. We will act on your request within one month, starting from the day that we receive your request or from when we request any further information from you to help us respond.

Further information on Subject Access Requests can be obtained by visiting the Information Commissioner's Office website.

Other types of request.

Polcie requests for information, should be made according to the force policy and process however, we require the request to be made via the NPCC Request to external organisation for the disclosure of personal data to the Police Form. This must be co-signed by a rank of inspector or above and be specific on detail and legal basis of the request.

Cambridgeshire and Peterborough NHS Foundation Trust


Telephone: 01223 219400 (Trust Headquarters)